These are by far the best tasting meringues I have ever eaten... and with using Jello the flavors are endless!!!
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp JELL-O gelatin powder (I used blue raspberry flavor)
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Line two baking sheets (or one large with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a clean, dry mixing bowl, whisk egg whites with electric mixer until foamy (about 30 seconds).
- Add in vinegar and corn starch and continue to beat for about a minute, as soft peaks begin to form.
- Slowly add in sugar a little at a time, while mixer is on high, and continue beating while adding in gelatin powder. Beat until stiff peaks form (about 1-2 minutes).
- Fill pastry bags with meringue and pipe onto the parchment paper in swirls (using your favorite tip). Place in oven and bake for 90 minutes. Turn oven off and leave in oven for several hours or overnight.Mine were ready in about and hour
- Store in an airtight container (if they last that long)