Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Bars

I have had this recipe since the early 70's. I was pregnant with my son the first time I made it...I just found it again in my recipe box, I might have to make this for Thanksgiving!!

1 box of yellow cake mix
1/2 cup melted butter
3 eggs
3 cups canned pumpkin pie filling
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 teasp Cinnamon
1/4 cup butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease bottom of a 9x13 cake pan

Pour 1 cup of dry cake mix into a medium bowl and set aside

Combine remaining cake mix, 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 egg, Mix well and press into the bottom of the 9x13 pan

Combine pumpkin pie filling, 2 eggs and milk in a medium bowl, mix until smooth. Pour evenly over crust in the 9x13 pan.

pour the sugar and cinnamon into the bowl containing the 1 cup of cake mix, cut in the butter until mixture looks crumbly, Sprinkle over the pumpkin filling

Bake for 45to 50 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.

Let cool before cutting
serve with whipped cream!!

No comments:

Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheddar cheese 12-14 corn tortillas 3 tablespoons butter 1 cup sour cream 1 4 oz can of diced gr...