Thursday, June 2, 2011
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
found this recipe here and I can't wait to try it!! I'm sure my new Grandson (Brandon) would love it!! Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake http://www.mikelesiuk.com/2009/11/reeses-peanut-butter-cup-cheesecake/
•Oreo Cookie Crust
•5 cups crushed Oreo cookies
•1 cup peanuts
•1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
•2 lbs softened cream cheese
•1.5 cups brown sugar
•1 cup smooth peanut butter (I used Kraft, not natural)
•1/2 cup whipping cream
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•12 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, broken into quarters
•5 oz semi-sweet chocolate
•1/4 cup sour cream
•More Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (4-5? However many you want, I guess.)
1. Throw peanuts in a blender ’til they’re really small (not fine, but small). Combine the crushed Oreos and the ground peanuts with the stick of melted butter. Note: At this stage, I actually needed more butter because my crust seemed a bit dry. So about 1 stick + 2 tablespoons total.
2. Pat the crust mixture into 10-inch round springform pan. You should have enough to go up the sides.
Reese’s Cheesecake Filling:
3. Beat cream cheese until smooth.
4. Add eggs one at a time. Keep beating the eggs / cream cheese.
5. Add the sugar, the peanut butter and the whipping cream. Keep mixing.
6. Stir in the vanilla, and fold in the Peanut Butter Cups with a spatula.
7. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
8. Cover the bottom of the springform pan with tin foil. You’re going to place it in water, so try and make it air tight. Place the springform pan into a larger baking pan, and fill the larger pan with hot water, such that the water comes about an inch up the sides of the springform pan.
9. Bake at 275 degrees F for 90 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned. Place it in the fridge.
10. Melt the chocolate and the sour cream in a microwave in 20 second bursts, stirring constantly. Once it’s all melted and smooth, spread it over the cheesecake with a spatula. Drop broken up Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups on top. Or add Oreos. Or a bunch of Snickers bars and peanuts. Really, the world is your oyster.
Finally: Refrigerate the entire cake at least 4 hours. Then serve in extremely thin slices.
4oz. can diced green chilies (these are mild) 8oz. sharp cheddar cheese (grated) 8oz. Monterey jack cheese (grated) 1 lg can evaporated m...
1 pint whipping cream 1 c. granulated sugar 3/4 c. light corn syrup Pinch of salt 1 1/2 (10 oz. each) bags regular marshmallows, c...
found this recipe here http://fishfoodblog.com/2010/04/crispy-potato-roast/ Serves 8* Ingredients: 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted...
The Secret to Georgetown Cupcake's AND Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 1...