2 tubes of 6 Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 10-ounce can of chicken breast meat, drained (note: 1 cup leftover cooked chicken, shredded, will also work)
8 ounces of cream cheese
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Dash of salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Apply cooking spray to a large baking sheet and set aside.
Roll out the crescent dough and divide into rectangles, pinching the seam of the 2 triangles together to form oblong rectangles of dough.
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper, creaming the ingredients together.
Spoon a dollop of the chicken mixture onto one side of each crescent rectangle. Fold one end of the rectangle over the filling to form a square. Pinch the dough together around the edges to seal, and place the squares on prepared sheet.
Bake the chicken squares for 20-25 minutes or until the crescent rolls are golden brown. Serve immediately with rice and peas.
Yield 6-8 chicken squares
There has been so much great feedback on this recipe here are some of the variations and ideas from other people who have experimented with it!
• adding bell peppers or other veggies to the filling
• adding shredded Swiss cheese to the filling
• adding ranch seasoning mix to the filling
• adding fresh herbs to the filling
• adding bleu cheese crumbles and Texas Pete Hot Sauce to the filling
• using broken-up meatloaf and shredded sharp cheddar cheese as the filling
• using taco-seasoned ground beef and Mexican cheese as the filling, serve with guacamole and sour cream
• using ground beef hash as the filling, serve with ketchup
• using ricotta, spinach, and chicken as the filling
• using cheddar, ham, pineapple as the filling
• using granny smith apple, cheddar, bacon as the filling
2 cups quartered mushrooms 1 cup chopped onion 1 cup snow peas 8 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size...
found this recipe here http://fishfoodblog.com/2010/04/crispy-potato-roast/ Serves 8* Ingredients: 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted...
1 pint whipping cream 1 c. granulated sugar 3/4 c. light corn syrup Pinch of salt 1 1/2 (10 oz. each) bags regular marshmallows, c...
The Secret to Georgetown Cupcake's AND Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 1...