Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Grandma Solomon's Peanut Brittle

This is by far, the best peanut brittle I have ever tasted!!! So light and crunchy

I can remember my Grandma Solomon making this when I was a little girl..along with her caramel corn....look for that recipe to come soon.



DO NOT DOUBLE THIS RECIPE!

1 1/2 cups sugar

1/2 cup light corn syrup

1/2 cup water

pinch of salt

1 1/2 cups peanuts (I use dry roasted)

1 Tblsp. butter

2 teasp baking soda



Mix sugar, salt, syrup and water in a heavy saucepan. Put on high heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Cook until syrup reaches the hard ball stage (250 - 260 degrees). While this is cooking, butter the bottoms of 4 pie tins (I use aluminum).

When syrup reaches 250 - 260 degrees add peanuts and bring ntemp. back up to 250c - 260 degrees. Remove from heat and stir in butter and soda. Pour into pie tins. DO NOT spread. Allow to cool, remove from pie tins and put into plastic bags tied with ribbion. Makes great Christmas gifts

No comments:

Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheddar cheese 12-14 corn tortillas 3 tablespoons butter 1 cup sour cream 1 4 oz can of diced gr...