Thursday, November 20, 2008

Snickerdoodles

I can remember the first time I tasted these cookies...it was at my Aunt Jack's house when I was a little girl... it was also the first thing I made in Home Ec in the 7th grade. This is also My daughter's favorite cookie.

Snickerdoodles

1 cup soft butter
1 ½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
¼ cup milk
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar

Topping
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons cinnamon

Cream the butter well, then cream in the sugar and vanilla. Beat in the eggs. Add the milk and the flour sifted with the salt, soda and cream of tartar. Stir to combine well, easiest down with an electric mixer. .Form into rolls about 1 inch in diameter and chill in the refrigerator. Cut off in 1-inch lengths and roll in the palms of hand to form balls. Drop in the mixture of cinnamon and sugar, or dip only one side of the ball in the mixture and bake dipped side up. Place on a buttered cookie sheet or baking pan, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven until a delicate brown around the edges, about 10 minutes. Loosen from the pans while still warm.Makes about 40 to 45 cookies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made these for my Staff Christmas Party...They were delicious...perfect to go with Coffee

Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheddar cheese 12-14 corn tortillas 3 tablespoons butter 1 cup sour cream 1 4 oz can of diced gr...