You will need:
• 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 1/3 cup chopped green onions (scallions)
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• kosher salt
• 12 – 15 wonton wrappers
• water for sealing
• oil for frying
1. In a bowl combine cream cheese, green onions and ginger. Season to taste with salt.
2. To assemble bites: Lay one wonton wrapper on a flat surface. Spoon one teaspoon of mixture into the center of the wrapper. Dip your finger in the water and run along the edges. Bring all sides together in the center, pinch just above the filling to enclose filling. Carefully twist to close. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
3. Heat 2 inches of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Once oil starts to shimmer, drip a small piece of a wonton wrapper in the oil, if it sizzles its ready. Working in batches so you don’t over crowd the pan, fry bites until golden brown, 2 – 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with kosher salt if desired. Allow to cool for several minutes. Serve.
If you’re looking for a dip for these, I suggest a little Sweet Thai Chili Sauce or Plum Sauce. Enjoy!
2 cups quartered mushrooms 1 cup chopped onion 1 cup snow peas 8 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size...
found this recipe here http://fishfoodblog.com/2010/04/crispy-potato-roast/ Serves 8* Ingredients: 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted...
1 pint whipping cream 1 c. granulated sugar 3/4 c. light corn syrup Pinch of salt 1 1/2 (10 oz. each) bags regular marshmallows, c...
The Secret to Georgetown Cupcake's AND Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 1...